Monday, March 31, 2014

Kitchen Redo

Kitchens, Kitchens, Kitchens,  we all have them..... some of us LOVE our Kitchens because they are brand spankin new.....  Others think our kitchens are all right but need a little something to bring them to life. That was me.  When we moved into our home a few years ago.  The prior owners had very unique taste.  There was a nice pink flowery back splash better intended, I'm sure, for a bathroom.  The counter top of course was pink to match the flowery backsplash and right in the middle of the room was this rustic wagon wheel light. The cabinets were in fairly good condition but were the original  from 1974.  However, the one thing that drew me to our kitchen was the brick fireplace.  I envisioned sitting there on a cold winter's morning sipping coffee talking to my husband or starting my morning off in devotions.  I said to my husband if we are going to buy this house the countertop, backsplash, and light had to GOOOOO! IMMEDIATELY!

I found a center island for our home off of craigslist which I knew had great potential...  We did get rid of the offending but because of other things that needed to be done first, we settled into our kitchen that was nice but needed to be brought to life.  I am a DECORATIVE PAINTER after all!

With the snow days we've had this year and the extra time at home I thought this was the perfect time to start.... Here are the results:




I have to say I am quite thrilled..... Oh you want to know where the pics of the fire place are?  Well I post them as soon as that little part of the flooring is done.... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment